Information Collection – What Information do we collect about you?
The personal information we collect about you may include the following:
- We collect personal information when you create an account, apply for a job, or participate in our services. This information may include your name, email address, telephone number, address, and resume.
- We use this information to provide and improve our services, to communicate with you about job opportunities, and to tailor our services to your preferences.
- We may also collect information from your device and usage of our website, including your IP address, browser type, and usage data. This information is used to analyze and improve our website and to provide a better user experience.
- The information set out in your CV,
- Information to enable us to provide our services e.g. your date of birth and location, your preferred job location and the kind of work you are interested in,
- General identification and contact information e.g. your name, IP address, residential address, email and telephone details,
- Marketing preferences,
- Statistical information e.g. aggregate statistical information about site visits,
We collect the personal data about you when you register with the Website. We do so in order to provide you with the recruitment services that are available through the Website as well as for administrative purposes when you purchase or enquire about additional services available through the Website.
What do we do with your personal data?
By registering with the Website, it is understood that job seekers are actively soliciting contact from prospective employers and recruiters about opportunities which match the job seekers’ fields of interest as well as additional services which may improve a job seeker’s career prospects. If you are a job seeker, we will therefore make your personal data available to recruiters and employers who use the Website to find suitable employees for specific roles that they are seeking to fill and also provide you with additional services alerts informing you of relevant services which may be of interest to you.
Although the primary purpose of the Website is to allow job seekers, prospective employers and recruiters to find each other, job seekers have the ability to control the extent to which your personal data is shared with other recruiters and prospective employers through the contact preferences section of the “your account” section on the Website.
For job seekers, we will use your personal data to supply you with the recruitment services that we provide including job alerts, to manage your account and to provide you with information about our recruitment services as well as ancillary services available through the Website.
Recruiter / Employer
If you register on the Website as a recruiter and provide us with personal data, we will process such personal data on the basis that it is necessary to do so in order to perform the contract you enter into with us. We may also contact you via email to invite you to review any services and/or products you received from us in order to collect your feedback and improve our services and products (the “Purpose”).
Sharing and Disclosure of Information
As part of the recruitment services we provide to help you find a suitable job, we may make your personal data available to third parties such as recruiters, direct employers and their agents or other business partners. We attempt to verify the identity of these third parties when they sign up with us, however we do not make any warranties as to their authenticity. This would normally happen when you apply for a job through the Website or when a recruiter downloads your CV as part of the job application process. These parties will also be data controllers of your personal data. The amount of personal data we share with these parties depends on the options you select when you create or update your account.
- We do not sell or rent your personal information to third parties.
- We may share your information with our partners and service providers who perform services on our behalf, such as hosting our website or providing customer support. These parties are required to maintain the confidentiality of your information and use it only for the purposes for which it was disclosed.
- We may also disclose your information as required by law, such as in response to a subpoena or court order, or in connection with a legal investigation or dispute.
We may share your personal data with third party service providers who assist us in carrying out our business activities. These third parties act as our data processors and are bound by strict contractual provisions to only process your personal data under our instructions and for the limited purposes we permit them. These third parties include (but are not limited to) our accountants; auditors; external legal advisors; external IT providers; support and hosting service providers; printing, advertising, marketing and market research and analysis service providers, technical engineers, data storage and cloud providers and all other outsourced service providers (such as communication providers) that assist us in the provision of our services.
We may also share your personal data with courts, tribunals, regulators and other governmental and public authorities (such as the police or tax authorities) to: (i) allow us to pursue legal remedies, (ii) to enforce our terms and conditions and protect our operations, (iii) to comply with legal process, (iv) to comply with applicable law, and (v) to respond to requests from public and governmental bodies.
Your personal data is stored on our servers which are in the European Economic Area. Your personal data will be processed outside the EEA where you apply for a job advertised by a recruiter outside the EEA, where such recruiter downloads your CV. In such situations, we enter into legally binding contracts with such recruiters and additional services providers to aim to ensure that your personal data is protected.
Social Login using Google and LinkedIn
- We retain your personal information for as long as necessary to provide our services and as required by law. After this, we will either delete or anonymize your information.
- We take appropriate measures to secure your personal information and protect it from unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure, or destruction. This includes implementing physical, electronic, and administrative safeguards, as well as using secure transmission methods to transfer data.
Access to your information and correction
We want to make sure that your information is accurate and up-to-date and will delete or amend any information that you think is inaccurate. Should you wish to delete your account please contact us via email [email protected]. Amendments to your account can be made online by signing in to your account or by contacting us.
- You have the right to access and request a copy of your personal information that we hold. You may also request that we correct or delete your information, or that we restrict the processing of your information.
- You also have the right to withdraw your consent to our processing of your information at any time.
Online security risks can be minimised simply by ensuring that your password is always kept secure. We recommend you follow the password security advice below:
- Always use a password which is personal and does not contain your name, email address or the word ‘password’
- Ensure your password contains both letters and numbers
- Never give your password out to anyone – we will never ask you for your password
- Change your password at least once every three months
- Take a moment to memorise your password so you don’t need to write it down
- Try and use a different password for each different website you use
Uploading your CV to jobs-in-dubai.com is an important part of the work finding process, and could help you to be headhunted for great roles. It’s important you provide enough information on your CV for recruiters to contact you
However, in order to ensure your security online, you should never include any of the following in your CV:
Driving license number
Credit card details
Date of birth
National Insurance number
Social security number
National identity number
General account security advice