Information Collection – What Information do we collect about you?
The personal information we collect about you may include the following:
- We collect personal information when you create an account, apply for a job, or participate in our services. This information may include your name, email address, telephone number, address, and resume.
- We use this information to provide and improve our services, to communicate with you about job opportunities, and to tailor our services to your preferences.
- We may also collect information from your device and usage of our website, including your IP address, browser type, and usage data. This information is used to analyze and improve our website and to provide a better user experience.
- The information set out in your CV,
- Information to enable us to provide our services e.g. your date of birth and location, your preferred job location and the kind of work you are interested in,
- General identification and contact information e.g. your name, IP address, residential address, email and telephone details,
- Marketing preferences,
- Statistical information e.g. aggregate statistical information about site visits,
We collect the personal data about you when you register with the Website. We do so in order to provide you with the recruitment services that are available through the Website as well as for administrative purposes when you purchase or enquire about courses available through the Website.
What do we do with your personal data?
By registering with the Website, it is understood that job seekers are actively soliciting contact from prospective employers and recruiters about opportunities which match the job seekers’ fields of interest as well as relevant courses which may improve a job seeker’s career prospects. If you are a job seeker, we will therefore make your personal data available to recruiters and employers who use the Website to find suitable employees for specific roles that they are seeking to fill and also provide you with course alerts informing you of relevant courses which may be of interest to you.
Although the primary purpose of the Website is to allow job seekers, prospective employers and recruiters to find each other, job seekers have the ability to control the extent to which your personal data is shared with other recruiters and prospective employers through the contact preferences section of the “your account” section on the Website.
For job seekers, we will use your personal data to supply you with the recruitment services that we provide including job alerts, to manage your account and to provide you with information about our recruitment services as well as ancillary services available through the Website.
Recruiter / Employer
If you register on the Website as a recruiter and provide us with personal data, we will process such personal data on the basis that it is necessary to do so in order to perform the contract you enter into with us. We may also contact you via email to invite you to review any services and/or products you received from us in order to collect your feedback and improve our services and products (the “Purpose”).
Sharing and Disclosure of Information
As part of the recruitment services we provide to help you find a suitable job, we may make your personal data available to third parties such as recruiters, direct employers and their agents or other business partners. We attempt to verify the identity of these third parties when they sign up with us, however we do not make any warranties as to their authenticity. This would normally happen when you apply for a job through the Website or when a recruiter downloads your CV as part of the job application process. These parties will also be data controllers of your personal data. The amount of personal data we share with these parties depends on the options you select when you create or update your account.
- We do not sell or rent your personal information to third parties.
- We may share your information with our partners and service providers who perform services on our behalf, such as hosting our website or providing customer support. These parties are required to maintain the confidentiality of your information and use it only for the purposes for which it was disclosed.
- We may also disclose your information as required by law, such as in response to a subpoena or court order, or in connection with a legal investigation or dispute.
We may share your personal data with third party service providers who assist us in carrying out our business activities. These third parties act as our data processors and are bound by strict contractual provisions to only process your personal data under our instructions and for the limited purposes we permit them. These third parties include (but are not limited to) our accountants; auditors; external legal advisors; external IT providers; support and hosting service providers; printing, advertising, marketing and market research and analysis service providers, technical engineers, data storage and cloud providers and all other outsourced service providers (such as communication providers) that assist us in the provision of our services.
We may also share your personal data with courts, tribunals, regulators and other governmental and public authorities (such as the police or tax authorities) to: (i) allow us to pursue legal remedies, (ii) to enforce our terms and conditions and protect our operations, (iii) to comply with legal process, (iv) to comply with applicable law, and (v) to respond to requests from public and governmental bodies.
Your personal data is stored on our servers which are in the European Economic Area. Your personal data will be processed outside the EEA where you apply for a job advertised by a recruiter outside the EEA, where such recruiter downloads your CV. In such situations, we enter into legally binding contracts with such recruiters and course providers to aim to ensure that your personal data is protected.
Social Login using Google and LinkedIn
At Jobs-in-Dubai.com, we respect the privacy of our users and understand the importance of protecting the information you share with us. In order to provide you with an easier and more efficient login experience, we offer the option to log in using your Google or LinkedIn account. This feature is known as “Social Login.”
When you choose to log in using your Google or LinkedIn account, you grant us access to your basic profile information, including your name, email address, and profile picture. This information will be used for the purpose of creating or accessing your Jobs-in-Dubai.com account.
We would like to emphasize that we do not store or retain any password information for your Google or LinkedIn accounts. The social login feature is provided by Google and LinkedIn, and we have no control over their privacy policies or data collection practices.
If you have any concerns or questions regarding the social login feature on Jobs-in-Dubai.com, please do not hesitate to contact us. We are always happy to help.
Google API Services
At jobs-in-dubai.com, we take privacy and security of our users’ information very seriously. As part of our commitment to protecting our users’ data, we comply with all terms of service and policies set forth by Google for the use of their API services, including our implementation of OAuth 2.0.
OAuth 2.0 is an open standard for authorization that allows us to access and utilize Google API services on behalf of our users, while ensuring the safety and security of their information. When users grant permission to access their Google account, we are only able to access the information necessary to perform the specific functions and services requested.
We do not store any user data obtained through Google API services, unless required for providing the specific services requested by the user. This data is used solely for the purpose of providing the requested services and will not be shared with third parties.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding the privacy and security of your information when using our services, please do not hesitate to contact us. Our team is always available to address any concerns and ensure that all users have a safe and secure experience with our services.
At Jobs-in-Dubai.com, we understand the importance of protecting your privacy and the information you share with us. We also understand the value of sharing information with your friends and family. That’s why we have incorporated social sharing features into our website.
By using the social sharing features on Jobs-in-Dubai.com, you have the ability to share job listings, news articles, and other content with your friends and followers on various social media platforms. When you use these features, you are granting us permission to access your social media account information, including your name, email address, and profile picture. This information is used for the sole purpose of enabling the social sharing feature and is not stored or retained by Jobs-in-Dubai.com.
We would like to emphasize that we have no control over the privacy policies or data collection practices of the social media platforms we use for social sharing. We recommend that you review the privacy policies of these platforms before using the social sharing features on Jobs-in-Dubai.com.
If you have any concerns or questions regarding the social sharing features on Jobs-in-Dubai.com, please do not hesitate to contact us. We are always happy to help.
To help ensure the security of our website and prevent automated spam, we use Google reCAPTCHA technology.
Google reCAPTCHA is a service provided by Google Inc. that helps protect websites from spam and abuse. When you use reCAPTCHA on our website, Google will collect information about your device, including information about your IP address, browser, and other relevant details. This information is used to determine if you are a human user or an automated bot.
MailChimp Email Subscription
If you choose to subscribe to our email newsletter, we will collect and store your email address using MailChimp, an email marketing service provided by The Rocket Science Group, LLC.
By subscribing to our email newsletter, you are granting us permission to send you periodic updates, news, and promotions. You may unsubscribe from our email list at any time by clicking the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of each email.
We would like to emphasize that Jobs-in-Dubai.com does not sell, rent, or share your personal information with any third-party companies or organizations. Your email address will be used solely for the purpose of sending you our email newsletter.
If you have any concerns or questions regarding the email subscription feature on Jobs-in-Dubai.com, please do not hesitate to contact us. We are always happy to help.
At Jobs-in-Dubai.com, we strive to provide an optimal user experience for all of our visitors. To enhance the visual design of our website, we use Google Fonts, a font library provided by Google Inc.
When you visit Jobs-in-Dubai.com, your device may make a request to Google’s servers to retrieve the font files necessary to display the text on our website. In the process, Google may collect information about your device and your IP address.
By using our website, you consent to the collection of information by Google as described above. If you have any concerns or questions about the use of Google Fonts on Jobs-in-Dubai.com, please do not hesitate to contact us. We are always happy to help.
Google Tag Manager and GA4
At Jobs-in-Dubai.com, we use Google Tag Manager and GA4 (Google Analytics 4) to collect information about the use of our website. This helps us to better understand how visitors interact with our site, so that we can improve the user experience.
Google Tag Manager is a tool that allows us to manage the tags and tracking codes on our website. GA4 is a web analytics service provided by Google that allows us to track and analyze website traffic data.
When you visit Jobs-in-Dubai.com, information such as your device type, browser type, and IP address may be collected by Google Tag Manager and GA4. This information is used to generate reports about website usage and improve our website’s performance.
By using our website, you consent to the collection of information by Google Tag Manager and GA4 as described above. If you have any concerns or questions about the use of Google Tag Manager and GA4 on Jobs-in-Dubai.com, please do not hesitate to contact us. We are always happy to help.
- We retain your personal information for as long as necessary to provide our services and as required by law. After this, we will either delete or anonymize your information.
- We take appropriate measures to secure your personal information and protect it from unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure, or destruction. This includes implementing physical, electronic, and administrative safeguards, as well as using secure transmission methods to transfer data.
Access to your information and correction
We want to make sure that your information is accurate and up-to-date and will delete or amend any information that you think is inaccurate. Should you wish to delete your account please contact us via email [email protected]. Amendments to your account can be made online by signing in to your account or by contacting us.
- You have the right to access and request a copy of your personal information that we hold. You may also request that we correct or delete your information, or that we restrict the processing of your information.
- You also have the right to withdraw your consent to our processing of your information at any time.
Online security risks can be minimised simply by ensuring that your password is always kept secure. We recommend you follow the password security advice below:
- Always use a password which is personal and does not contain your name, email address or the word ‘password’
- Ensure your password contains both letters and numbers
- Never give your password out to anyone – we will never ask you for your password
- Change your password at least once every three months
- Take a moment to memorise your password so you don’t need to write it down
- Try and use a different password for each different website you use
Uploading your CV to jobs-in-dubai.com is an important part of the work finding process, and could help you to be headhunted for great roles. It’s important you provide enough information on your CV for recruiters to contact you
However, in order to ensure your security online, you should never include any of the following in your CV:
Driving license number
Credit card details
Date of birth
National Insurance number
Social security number
National identity number
General account security advice
Security and Safety Awareness Being mindful of your security and safety is crucial when it comes to online activities. To ensure your well-being, consider following our top 10 safety tips.
- Beware of unrealistic job offers with high salaries for working from home. These may not be genuine.
- Refrain from sharing personal information when searching for job opportunities. A recruiter should not ask for your bank details.
- Avoid processing funds through your personal bank account for any company. Legitimate companies will always have their own corporate accounts and should never ask you to do this.
- Do not provide personal information through unsecured connections. When entering login credentials, look for the “https://” in the website address to ensure a secure connection. Do not include personal information on your resume. Recruiters do not need to know your date of birth or national insurance number.
- Watch out for poor spelling and grammar. Email scams may have grammar errors.
- Do not provide your username and password in an email claiming to be from Jobs-in-Dubai.com. We will never request this information via email.
- Be cautious of recruiters who do not have personal contact information. It is unlikely for a recruiter to offer you a job without a telephone or face-to-face interview.
- Keep your password secure and updated. Passwords should be changed at least every three months and should not contain your name, email address, or the word ‘password.’ If in doubt, report it.
- If you have any suspicions about contacts related to Jobs-in-Dubai.com, reach out to us and our customer support team will investigate.
- If you believe you have been a victim of online fraud, we advise you to report it to Action Fraud, the national fraud and internet crime reporting center, for further assistance.